Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nothing Tastes As Good As A Summer Read

What I'm thinking:

Every outer event has its inner meaning.



What I'm reading: Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys which was set in Jamaica in the 1830s. A thousand thanks toInstitute Le Rosey for thinking of me on my birthday this year and for this brilliant read which was inspired by Charlotte Brontes Jane Eyre. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Laced with passion, lust, obsession and the loneliness that comes with raging emotions.



"I looked at her and I saw her face crumple up as she began to cry. We stared at each other, blood on my face, tears on hers. It was as if I saw myself. Like in a looking-glass."



What I'm cooking: Spicy chicken tagine with apricots, rosemary and roasted ginger, sauteed spinach with orange and almonds, chickpea salad with onions and paprika.



What I'm listening to: Car doors opening and closing, the distance bark of a dog, the almost unbearable noise of high-pitched voices, a child crying.



What I did before noon: Painted life on canvas in solitude.



What I'm longing for today: The Caribbean Sea but I have the twin-nippled mountains here to comfort me. Image: taken at my balcony in the setting sun. What are you currently reading besides fashion magazines;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment