Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fashion, Art and Other Fancies














Images: myself en route to art exhibition with friends in Germany, artwork by Paul Aïzpiri from said exhibit, afterwards we were invited back to my girlfriend's house for a scrumptious meal, merry laughter and French wine. The weather was still fine after lunch so we decided to go out for a nice stroll. Along the way we called at my girlfriend's local cathedral for winter hymns and tea.

I finally managed to catch the late flight back to Paris after all the wonderful impressions of the day. During the flight I was thinking about this quote by Plato.
"Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.”

Don't you just adore the painting above by Paul Aïzpiri? I'm actually quite in love with the painterly brush strokes, the playful, pipe smokers on the blue vase, and the way the colours melt together into an impressionistic blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment