Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sweet Alchemies And Other Fancies

High heels aren't necessary for a girl to dazzle - ballerinas always invites one to dance. Sadly I'm currently unable to dance. I so miss being a ballerina. To banish my sadness sister dearest sent these stylish footwear round to cheer me up. I adore the marriage of colours, the artistic details and the cut of the ballerina. Indeed. I smiled a sweet smile upon seeing them.

What I'm reading: Various Positions by Martha Schabas. This book is about the beauty and brutality of the world of ballet. Thousand thanks to Ingrid Mida of Fashion Muse for enrinching my life with this artfully written book. Thank you for this beautiful present.

What I'm cooking: Caribbean rice and peas with braised chicken, creole vegetables, duck breast with blackberries and prunes, fried West Indian dumplings with Caribbean spinach.

What I'm painting on canvas: The still-life within my head.

The music that enchants me:Le Salon de Musiques Chamber Schubert Cello Quintet by fellow violinist and friend Maia Jasper. Listen HERE






Footwear images taken by myself. Ballet image by a friend.
Click HERE to visit Maia Jasper's delicious blog. The sun is out today.
Have a happy week, my lovelies;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment