Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fashion, Poetry & Books

Poetry is the journal of the sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the air. Poetry is a search for syllables to shoot at the barriers of the unknown and the unknowable. Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away. ~Carl Sandburg




Burda Images: When it's cold outside it's best to remain indoors amongst the books in a warm, cosy library. What have you been reading lately? I'm still enjoying the Oxford Book of English Verse.

Winter is the ideal season for poetry reading. Yes. I adore poetry. Poetry makes one feel through the senses and that is why I find it particularly moving and mysterious.

Which of these lovely images do you fancy? The first appeals to my sense of aesthetics for its mood, fluid lines and colour story. The second image is definitely Fashion. Navy on navy punctuated with red. Ah, those heels! Back to regular blogging/commenting;-)

I love this quote by Voltaire on fashion: It is fancy rather than taste which produces so many new fashions. Whilst I agree with Voltaire on the above I must confess that new fashions makes it easier for one to flirt with fashion;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment