Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Rue du Vertbois, Paris

I think art is good at looking back and looking forward. I don't think art is good at looking head-on. At the end of the day, people are more important than paintings-Damien Hirst



First picture by Gilles Gorriti, painter and piano player. Would love to sit and listen to Gilles at the piano. I wonder if his music is as sparkling as his paintings. This still life draws the mind back to the sun-dappled days of my childhood along the vibrantly colourful impressionistic French/Italian riviera.

Second picture: Rue du Vertbois, Paris. By Japanese painter, Takanori Oguiss, who spent a great part of his life capturing the spirited silent charm of Parisian side streets. I shall wander down the Rue du Vertbois this afternoon, walk in the footsteps of Oguiss, and draw Rue du Vertbois as I see it. Which of these paintings do you relate to? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment